It’s important to promote your app to create awareness to the users. So many app entrepreneurs have spent a lot on app promotion without a tangible result to show for it while many successful app entrepreneurs have made it in the app world without spending a dime on app promotion. Some entrepreneurs make use of press publicity; some manually recruit customers while others use the social media.
Most experienced app entrepreneurs suggest free app promotion. There are diverse ways to promote an app for free…such ways include:
- Building a microsite with one or two pages that showcases the app to the web audience. A blog with enticing contents should also be attached to the microsite to draw people to the website
- Building a teaser website two months before launching the app to keep in contact with people who are interested in knowing when the app will be launched. Gathering the emails of potential customers is an essential marketing tool.
- Using various profiles on the social media such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+ to frequently promote the app.
- Creating a product video that is innovative and amusing. The video must convey the details of the app to the users. The entrepreneur can also create 5-6seconds how to videos with the hashtag ‘#howto’ this is trending on the social media.
- There’s no doubt that the press is a very vital force in the promotion of apps. A great entrepreneur once said that ‘the press is the best way to kick start your startup, and the best way to get it is to manually reach out to journalists’-Neil Patel. Application for awards such as The Mobileys is also not left out as this can help generate a lot of press if you win.
- It’s important to reach out to bloggers who write on topics related to your app. Pitching out to app review sites can help generate the attention needed for the app. Such review sites include AppAdvice, 148apps, etc.
- It’s advised to publish a podcast on iTunes or on the entrepreneur’s website. The entrepreneur can also use Dubbler to promote the blog, post blog images and info graphics on Pinterest, manually recruit customers via sites like Canvsly, and create a Facebook group for people with common interest related to the app.
- Running a contest to encourage users or followers to tweet and share the content of the page on their social networks is also a vital tool in promoting an app. A random person should be selected weekly and given certain incentives for encouragement.
- Other means of promoting apps include resolving negative reviews, make good use of the app store optimization, an innovative referral of the app in the entrepreneurs voicemail recording, endeavor to get speaking opportunities about the app, offering promotional prices, reaching out to admins of related Facebook pages to the app, and integrating a social platform within the app.
With these few tools, you can promote your app for free…start promoting your app today!